Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) Monitoring Scheme
Required to obtain access under Notice or via Permit for specific Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)
The Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Monitoring Scheme is administered by the Department of State Growth (DSG), Tasmania, to:
- permit access of Class I Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) to the Tasmanian road network
- monitor the operation of Class I SPVs on the Tasmanian road network, including the ability to identify when Class I SPVs:
- cross certain bridges no faster than 10 km/h
- cross ‘do-not-cross’ structures
- travel on no-access roads.
To participate in the scheme, transport operators must conform with the requirements specified within the Notice published on the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website.