Higher Mass Limits (HML) Scheme
Higher Mass Limits with Telematics Monitoring Application (TMA)
NSW now provides operators an alternative to IAP called TMA. TMA allows you greater access to NSW roads and the ability to carry more mass in NSW. Overall allowing you to cart more mass and generate higher revenue for your business. TMA data is used to develop road analytics tools as opposed to IAP which is used to issue infringement notices. TMA provides assurance and peace of mind that your business can operate at HML in NSW without introducing risk orientated processes.
Why TMA over IAP
- No driver declarations, and no need for an in-cab screen.
- Data is used for road analytics and not to issue non-compliance infringements.
- Self-installed Tracking Tag
- Fixed annual cost (no hardware or setup costs, no installation costs, no monthly costs)
- Includes fleet management real-time and historical tracking
Find the latest and up to date state regulation in regards to HML here: Higher Mass Limits (HML) –Transport for NSW
Find the latest legislation updates here: Gazette
TCA Info Guide for operators: Information for Transport Operators -Transport Certification Australia (tca.gov.au)
New South Whales Higher Mass Limits Access Map: NSW Combined Higher Mass Limits (HML) and Restricted Access Vehicle (RAV) Map