RIM Semi-Trailer Farm Gate Access Scheme (NSW)
Area-wide access for vehicles operating under GHMS and LLS in 14 NSW councils.
What is Farm Gate Access Scheme?
The Farm Gate Access Scheme, developed in collaboration with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR), introduces conditional area-wide access for vehicles transporting grain under the Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS) or livestock under the Livestock Loading Scheme (LLS) in NSW.
Eligible Vehicles: Eligible Semitrailers, B-Doubles, and Road-Trains (up to 36.5m) operating under either the GHMS or LLS can access the Farm Gate Network.
Road Train combinations including:
- Type 1 A-Double Road Train (up to 36.5 m)
- Modular B-Triple Road Train (up to 35.0 m)
- B-Triple Road Train (up to 36.5 m)
- AB-Triple Road Train (up to 36.5 m)
The Key Benefits: Farm Gate Access brings a host of benefits:
- More efficient transport: Use more productive vehicles to safely transport grain and livestock, resulting in fewer trips and a reduced freight task.
- Reduced number of permits: Say goodbye to access permit hassles for farmers and transport operators.
- Enhanced access decisions: Participating councils gain visibility of anonymized vehicle movements across their road network, aiding infrastructure planning, maintenance, funding applications, and assisting decisions of granting further road access.
Transport operators must conform with the requirements specified within the NSW Class 3 Livestock Transportation Exemption Notice or the NSW Class 3 Grain Harvest Management Scheme Mass Exemption Notice.
Road Infrastructure Management (RIM) is the required telematics application for the Farm Gate Access Scheme.
Approved Council Areas
- Hay Shire Council
- Coolamon Shire Council
- Berrigan Shire Council - Travel Conditions Apply
- Leeton Shire Council
- Narrandera Shire Council
- Lockhart Shire Council
- Wagga Wagga City Council
- Junee Shire Council
- Temora Shire Council - Travel Conditions Apply
- Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council
- Liverpool Plains Shire Council
- Gunnedah Shire Council
- Tamworth Regional Council
- Kempsey Shire Council - Travel Conditions Apply
Further Information and Resources:
About the Farm Gate Access Scheme:
Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS) + Farm Gate Access Map:
Livestock Loading Scheme (LLS) + Farm Gate Access Map:
Talk to a Specialist
Would you like to talk to someone now? Please fill in your details and one of our specialists will contact you shortly.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form