Performance Based Standards (PBS) Scheme
A requirement for PBS vehicles as per permit requirements
Operators of PBS vehicles must abide by the following the network conditions while operating in NSW:
- It is a road access condition that all PBS Level 2 access class 'B' vehicles/combinations and greater be enrolled in a minimum of Road Infrastructure Management (RIM) when operating at General Mass Limits or Concessional Mass Limits (GML/CML) or Telematics Monitoring Application (TMA) when operating at Higher Mass Limits (HML).
- All PBS vehicles operating at HML are required to be enrolled in either TMA with a certified service provider or in the IAP in NSW.
- PBS vehicles/combinations at all performance levels (i.e. Level 1-4) that do not meet Tier 1 bridge formulae for the level of access being requested (i.e. Tier 2 and/or Tier 3) are required to be enrolled in either TMA or in the IAP in NSW.
- PBS Level 3 vehicles/combinations operating on approved roads east of the Newell Highway are required to nominated vehicles of an operator who holds accreditation for the Maintenance Management module of the National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS).
- Comply with all the conditions as specified in the PBS Vehicle Approval/ NTC Final Approval;
Note: Prior to 21 January 2013, PBS approvals were issued by the National Transport Commission (NTC) and approved vehicle/combinations were issued with a NTC Final Approval.
- Comply with the conditions as specified in the National PBS Notices and/or NHVR issued access permit.